Employment & Workplace Mediation coming soon …
Alison Ebbitt is offering training in the Young Persons’ Scottish Mental Health First Aid module. This training has proven to be of interest to those working in various disciplines with young people aged 11 – 17 years.
Scottish Mental Health First Aid Training: Young People
This training is designed for anyone who is interested in supporting young people (Aged 11-17) with mental health issues.
How is this course organised?
Part1 – You will receive a workbook and an e-learning module prior to the full day course
Part 2 – You will participate in a full day’s training course
Part 3 – You will complete the e-learning module
You will receive a certificate, a learner’s manual and a DVD
What will you learn on the course?
- guidance on being a Mental Health First Aider
- attitudes to mental health issues
- the recovery message
- the impact of alcohol and drugs on mental health
- introduction to suicide intervention
- listening skills
- understanding depression
- how to offer first aid to someone experiencing depression
- understanding anxiety
- how to offer first aid to someone experiencing anxiety
- understanding psychosis
- how to offer first aid to someone experiencing a psychotic episode
The sessions will be led by Alison Ebbitt of the Family Mediation Practice. Alison is a skilled mediator who has been involved in this new training module since its inception. Alison has many years’ experience as a nurse and as a mental health social worker: she is recognised as a knowledgeable and empathic trainer in many fields.
I just wanted to take a minute to let you both know how much I really enjoyed the course. I definitely feel I have benefited from your teachings and know I will put it into practise (at home and work). I have never been on courses like this before as I always shy away and lack confidence but am glad that I was asked to attend this one.
– 2-Day Conflict Resolution Skills Course, 2011